COVID-19 PROTOCOL UPDATE
The COVID-19 isolation / pandemic has touched – and changed our lives. At Qi in Motion, a few of the protocols have been revised to ensure health and safety for everyone.
What we ask patients to adhere to:
• Moving forward, all appointment bookings will be by telephone.
• The day prior to your in-person appointment, you will receive an email reminder including the Covid-19 pre-screening assessment. You are required to email your response to each question before showing up for your in-person appointment.
• Please cancel your in-person appointment and stay home, if you are experiencing any common cold, flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, runny nose, sore throat, headache, muscle aches, or fatigue. Please note that under these circumstances, our cancellation policy is currently not in effect. Instead, immediately call 8-1-1 or visit healthlinkbc.ca for further information and instruction.
• BC Interior Health has started a COVID-19 testing clinic in Nelson. You must be triaged by phone using standard protocols to determine eligibility for testing, and get an appointment. The number to call is 250-551-7500.
• Please cancel your in-person appointment if you provided care to or had close contact with a symptomatic person known or suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
• You must self-screen and be free of any common cold, flu-like or COVID-19 symptom for 14 days before re-booking your in-person appointment.
• If you have travelled to any country outside of Canada (including the United States) within the past 14 days, you must wait for 14 days before booking your in-person appointment.
• Upon entering the clinic space, your body temperature will be monitored using a touchless thermometer to screen for signs of fever.
• You are required to wear a medical mask throughout your in-person appointment. A medical mask refers to the disposable three-fold paper mask, usually light blue. Cloth masks are not permitted. We will provide a new medical mask for you to put on prior to entering the clinic space.
• You are encouraged to bring your own pen to your in-person appointment to sign any document, such as patient COVID-19 screening assessment and informed consent. (We will provide a pen if you do not bring your own.)
• You are encouraged to use contactless forms of payment such as e-transfer. Other forms of payment such as cheque or cash are still accepted. If paying by cash, please bring exact amount; we are currently not able to provide change.
• Upon entering the clinic space and at the end of your treatment, you will be asked to wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
What we are doing:
• The practitioner self-screens before commencing each work day with COVID-19 symptom self-assessment.
• To accommodate patients who are unable to attend an appointment in-person at the clinic, Online Herbal and TCM Consult via phone or video chat is an option.
• The practitioner will wear a medical mask throughout your in-person treatment.
• As always, the practitioner continues to utilize regular hand-washing practices throughout your in-person treatment.
• The clinic’s cleaning and sanitizing protocols have been enhanced which include: sanitizing the tables, switches, door handles, chairs, point of sale, and any surfaces touched regularly between each appointment.
• To ensure physical distancing, there is no overlap between patient appointments at the clinic, nor is there a waiting room. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
• Please come to your appointment alone. (Exceptions will be made for a parent accompanying a child or a legal guardian accompanying a patient requiring assistance.)
• Please understand that the practitioner reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an appointment if the risk of coming into contact with COVID-19 is too high.
Regardless of all the precautions taken, there still exists the possibility that you may come into contact with COVID-19. You agree to accept the risks and consequences to your health in receiving treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we transition into new ways of practising.
Ellissa Crête Dr.TCM
TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE, MASSAGE, YOGA
By appointment. Call 250-551-9279 to book.
Service in English, French, or Spanish
#4 – 517 Carbonate Street
Nelson BC Canada V1L 4P4
Clinic entrance is located at back of building.
Email Dr. Ellissa Crête
for inquiries or to subscribe to the Qi in Motion Newsletter